“Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.” – Peter Drucker
Efficiency is not about finding new tasks to do; it’s about looking for better ways to complete the tasks you already have on your plate.
The procurement industry is constantly changing. New procurement software solutions focused on efficiency and ease of use are changing the procurement landscape. Since these solutions will help your department become more efficient, it’s important for you to stay on top of the latest developments.
Here are five ways that DeltaBid can make your procurement process more efficient.
#1 Stay organized while communicating with suppliers
When communication with suppliers is spread throughout various emails in your inbox, it can be difficult to manage. It may take serious effort to stay in control of the event and stay on top of suppliers' questions.
And, of course, the situation only gets worse if you are running multiple events at a time.
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to:
- Have all communication for a request together on one spreadsheet?
- Message all suppliers at once (or individually) with the click of a button?
- See if suppliers have read your request and know exactly who needs a follow-up phone call?
- Manage the contact information of your suppliers from one central database, not in multiple Excel sheets?
DeltaBid allows you to communicate efficiently with your suppliers by organizing all your information and making it accessible and easy to share with your colleagues.
#2 Streamline your team's workflow
Individual departments or buyers have to include the specifications of their categories in their buying methods. Therefore, it can be hard to use the same process for all departments. What if you could use the same tool for all these specifications? What if there were a tool so simple and straightforward it would cover all the products or services you have to buy?
What if it took no manual input to:
- Update your managers regarding the RFP process for the next big investment?
- Manage the Q&A communications between suppliers and buying specialists as well as having a time stamped record of them?
- Carry out requests for a co-worker who is out of the office due to personal reasons, illness, etc.?
- Have one secure yet easy to share repository for the specifications communicated, bids received and RFP answers for all your buying specialists?
DeltaBid makes it simple to share requests with team members - managers can obtain a detailed overview of the processes, buying specialists can answer questions, and more.
#3 Save time spent on preparing bid comparisons or presentations
It's tedious to manually organize and format all communication regarding a bidding event, especially if some of the bids were received by phone and others by email.
DeltaBid let's you:
- Receive all bids in an online, one-page format that can be downloaded as an Excel file. The layout makes comparing bids a breeze.
- Use a simple questionnaire and gather suppliers' answers on one spreadsheet.
- Present the request to management just by sharing it. All the information is well formatted and easy to read.
- Prepare a report on your process with the click of the mouse.
With DeltaBid you don’t have to collect and format bid information manually; it's all done for you, letting you focus on what’s really important in your sourcing processes: making strategic decisions.
#4 Monitor the processes via a central dashboard
In order to improve your procurement processes, you need to organize and analyze your data. It requires some effort to collect data from all your individual team members, especially if you want to analyze procurement performance across teams, categories and departments. Here is some of the information you would need to analyze:
- Number of proposals submitted
- Supplier participation rate
- Split of requests by any filters that make sense to your organization
- Average number of bids received
- Team workload
With DeltaBid's central dashboard, you have all this information at your fingertips, accessible with a click of the mouse, providing you a full overview of your procurement processes. No need to wait for the data in email updates from your team!
#5 Skip lengthy training sessions
Many companies still use email for procurement because they have had or are afraid to have negative experiences with complex ERP solutions. They found them difficult to use, and the extensive implementation process and the high price didn't provide them with the solutions they needed to really improve their processes.
DeltaBid's cloud-based solution is different because:
- It is so user-friendly that it requires no training.
- You can skip the intensive implementation process and simply invite your suppliers and vendors.
- Its affordable pricing doesn't take a chunk out of your bottom line.
- You get 10 free requests so you can see for yourself how DeltaBid can help your company.
In fact, DeltaBid’s straightforward user interface makes it so intuitive to use that anyone who has ever sent an RFP via email could start using it within minutes of joining.
All it takes is a few minutes for you to see what DeltaBid is really about. Go to www.deltabid.com and sign up for a free trial today!